STUDENT TRAVEL SUPPORT
Sponsored by NSF
The CPSWeek 2014 conference organizers anticipate the availability of Student Travel Support funds to encourage the participation of students in CPSWeek 2014 that would otherwise not be able attend. Each grant will contribute towards partial reimbursement of registration and travel costs. (Support could be as high as $2000-$2500 per person, but the actual level will depend on the number of applications received and expenses incurred versus available funds.)
Application Deadline: March 14th, 2014
Notification of Acceptance: March 18th, 2014
The award of the travel stipends will be in accordance with the following guidelines:
- The applicant must be a current graduate student at a U.S. institution of higher education; higher priority will be given to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
- The applicant must have a fully-paid student registration for HSCC, ICCPS, IPSN, HiCONS, or RTAS and must physically attend CPSWeek 2014.
- Travel stipends will be awarded on the basis of financial need. Students who are funded or have other means for covering their travel should not apply.
- Students who have already received travel grant from a CPSWeek-related conference or workshop should not apply.
- Actual expenses must exceed stipend amount.
- Special consideration will be given to requests of students from groups and/or institutions that are underrepresented in the field of cyber-physical systems.
- Student authors who are presenting papers will be given lower priority since they should otherwise be expected to attend.
HOW TO APPLY
- Student applicants should pay the registration fees first and demonstrate their intention to travel to CPSWeek 2014. If selected, the travel grant should cover partially their registration and travel costs.
- The student applicant must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject of the email must be, in all uppercase letters, the following: CPSWEEK 2014 TRAVEL SUPPORT APPLICATION
- This email must include the student’s faculty advisor in the cc list.
- The email must include the following information:
Are you registered for CPSWeek 2014 (yes/no)?
Are you the presenting author of the paper (yes/no)?
Is your research funded by an active grant (yes/no)?
If Yes, is the NSF the source of funding (yes/no)?
Underrepresented state/institution (yes/no)?
Underrepresented/minority student (explain in few words)?
Are you a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (yes/no)?
Successful applicants will receive notification via email together with instructions on how to receive partial refunds which will be issued to the person or institution that covered the expenses.